I LOVE this recipe. We originally made it for Kevin’s birthday and we’re making it tonight. For sure serve it over white rice, and buy those chicken tenders to use.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts – sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 serrano chile
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh regular basil
- cooked jasmine rice
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME:25 MINUTES
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oyster and soy sauce and marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mash the garlic and the chile in a mortar and pestle until finely smashed. Alternatively, you could mince them with a knife.
- In a large skillet (I used a wok), heat the oil over medium-high heat. When it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and chile mixture and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken. Cook until thoroughly cooked through (stirring occasionally). Add the basil and cook until wilted – about 1 minute.
- Serve with rice.